Is your community group interested in raising funds for refugees living at New Hope?
Here are some ideas to help you get started!
1. Challenge each other to give an hour’s wages towards helping a refugee family.
2. Sponsor a fundraising dinner.
3. Host a garage sale.
4. Organize a bottle drive.
5. Invite your youth group to do something really crazy that only youth can do.
6. Ask people to match their coffee money with a donation to refugees for a week or a month.
7. Invite people to participate in a “change drive” for a month and collect the loose change that is weighing down everyone’s pockets.
8. Challenge your pastor to shave his head or his beard and invite people to donate in support of refugees.
9. Take part in the annual Ride for Refuge that benefits over 250 charities including New Hope.
10. Simply take up a collection amongst family and friends and tell them the funds will help refugee families move from paralysis to productivity.